Tuesday, June 18, 2013

FREE LANGUAGE ARTS LESSON - “How to Make the S Sound - Spaghetti Clues!”


by Kathy Babineau
Kindergarten - 3rd Grade



The S sound is such a tricky one for so many of our early elementary students to pronounce! At my school, I have some wonderful teachers who welcome me (the speech therapist) into the class to teach quick lessons to all of the kids! One of my favorite things to do is mini articulation lessons. 

In this freebie, I've included a quick description of a mini-lesson for teaching the S sound the classroom, a poster, and a worksheet. There are so many touch cues and verbal cues, but this is what has worked for me. 
I hope you like it! 

Contents:
*Quick lesson plan
*List of S words (initial, medial and final)
*Poster
*Spaghetti worksheet.

Kathy Babineau MS, CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist



No comments:

Post a Comment